Professional Development Day, a full-day professional development event for science writers, has been DCSWA’s signature event since 2006. Every year, between 100 and 150 science reporters, PIOs, editors, radio and video producers and freelancers gather for a fun and exciting day of networking and skill-building!
This year, PDD will include six panel sessions, three more interactive workshops, a plenary speaker (to be announced soon!), lunch, all-day resume coaching, and an invitation to socialize with your colleagues at a nearby bar.
The panel sessions and interactive workshops are:
- Writer's Aid: Get more assignments from editors
- Media Law 101
- The Impressionables: Science communication to engage children and teens
- How to Use FOIA Laws and Public Databases to Find Stories
- This is Your Brand on Social Media
- The Art of Headline Writing (Hands-on workshop)
- Self-editing (Hands-on workshop)
- New Approaches to Video in Social Media (Hands-on workshop)
For the full agenda with brief descriptions, please click here. (Descriptions are at the bottom of the page.)